Wednesday, February 6, 2008

hmm, ha, ha, um

This time tommorow I'll be, well, somewhere. Horribly confusing going back (or forwards? - feel free to think about this for hours too) in time and changing zones, and then missing an entire day, so forgive me if I just close my eyes and set my phone for the final destination time!

Air NZ have assured me that in the two hours of landing and processing in LA I will not have to pick up my bags or do much else than shuffle in a queue, try not to say the word 'bomb' or be sarcastic to immigration people, and sit in the transit lounge, so I'm hoping it will be much less stressful than last time :)

Most things are done. I seem to be taking hardly anything at all: one mostly full rucksack and some hand luggage. Karen is mildly disapproving at such a lack of stuff but can't seem to pinpoint exactly what I'm missing! I'll be buying a few things out there initially of course, and luckily it is summer so I didn't need loads of bulky jumpers.

I've applied for a job with Waitakere City Council (Auckland area) which sounds amazing. It is community development in a part of the city area and seems perfect for me. Fingers crossed for an interview please!

I feel I should be writing some sort of reflective peice about my ambitions and hopes for the year ahead, but I've never been great at that. I just want to have a good time, meet people, and be of use. I want to have a real life.

I'll miss everyone a lot, but we are very lucky to have so much communication available - please use it!

1 comment:

A said...

and may I be the first to welcome you to this dear nation. Doesn't really matter what time of day it is, once you've been in the air more than a day huh?! Jet lag is surprisingly non-existent coming here though, I found.
Anyway, sleep well, and I'll be on a beach somewhere waiting for my favourite root (which is french for roof (which is london for ruth) :-)).
x