Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Thought it was high time

The longer it takes you to write your first blog, the more you want to put it off. That's how I feel anyway. I have no idea where to start or what to say.

I am curently in an internet cafe in Courtenay Place, Wellington. I am growing to like Wellington a lot, and to understand it's layout a little better. I still get supidly lost, though less lost in the car where I can go much further in a lost direction!

I am looking for a job and a flat/house share. Not in that order. I have seen a possibility today, which I really liked,m but I'm not sure it is in my best interests to take it. I'll say more if I end up taking it!

I've been doing a variety of pottering/getting to know the city, trips in my new Honda Accord (thanks Jen and Andy, it is doing really well), proactive searching for places to live/jobs, and random walks. The thing about Wellington is, apart from the very centre of town, it is basically a series of heart-attack inducing hills. I mean it. They are madly madly steep, and people just walk up them, even cycle up them. Ihave surprised myself already with how I've coped (dare I say even enjoyed?) a few of the hills and the views they afford.

I had a wonderful mini-break with Annabel over the weekend, in and around the Queen Charlotte Sound and Endeavor Inlet. Memorably, we stayed in a home-stay with a redoubtable old lady - to get to her house you left your car in a car park, walked down a road/hill, across a beach, through some bush and up the other side. The views were good by the time you made it though! We even walked a bit of the track one day...

1 comment:

AdventuringJen said...

good on ya! (for, everything)
people we knew in Wellington said they used to go to the Wairarapa once a week or so for the novelty of straight, flat roads...
love ya
xxxx