Thursday, February 28, 2008

General mooching, and job stuff

This week I have been:
  • cleaning the house I moved into, and generally bringing it up to 'girl standards'. It's kinda old, but cool. It's pretty big, and like all the houses in Wellington, built on the side of a big hill so that half of it is supported underneath. Particularly I like seeing the garages that are built on platforms sticking out over the edge of hillsides. I'm sure they are safe and all, but they look odd.
  • looking for jobs and sending my CV to agencies and calling them to hassle. I now have two meetings with agencies for Monday, so Smart Ruth will have to resurrected from the depths of the cupboard
  • reading Harry Potter :) I know, not exactly a break from the norm, but I was very pleased to discover that Jamie has all seven volumes. I am r-reading no 7 at the moment as it's just SO good
  • sorting out car-related things - you have to have the MOT equivalent done every six months here, and pleasingly it is called a WOF (Warrant of Fitness)
  • enjoying pottering in my local 'hood called Northland. I poked my nose into the Church (open every day, how ashamed I was that even in this teeny tiny place they manage to keep it open all the time, whereas so many of our Churches are just shut and figuratively say 'go away'), noted that we have public toilets (no Councils making trouble for villages keeping facilities open here...), and bought a few items (yes, it included ice-cream!) from the rather well-stocked dairy
  • looking forward to the world cinema festival happening starting in March - 'Tell no one' is a French film I've wanted to see for a bit, and it's on on my birthday (yay!).

Tonight I'm hanging out with my housemate (the only one until the other one moves in next week) as he's off to Oz (the emerald city) for a week from Sunday.

1 comment:

AdventuringJen said...

That all sounds good! (Don't do your WOF too early cos they just date it from the day you do it for the next six months, you don't get the grace period as it were. But if you've already done it, you'll know that.)
Only a teensy weensy bit extremely jealous. (And public loos are v impressive in the country as a whole! Husbink thought I should write a book...)xxx