Sunday, April 8, 2007

Lent

Lent has really been a useful time for me. I gave up sweets, chocolate, basically sugary snacks and quite a lot of puddings. Having done this for weeks and weeks, Easter day is a bit odd because by then you have established a diet which is pretty much without these things (except Sundays!). I found this morning that I didn't really want to eat much chocolate, although my parents had given me some nice-looking eggs. Obviously it would have been rude not to have a bit :) They did taste nice, but I don't have much appetite for chocolate or sweets at the moment. I imagine it will come back.

When I really wanted some sweets it was always a day other than Sunday, and it reminded me that often what we can't have just heightens our desire for it. God gave me the strength (and distractions!) to manage to not give in.

I don't seem to have lost much, if any, weight tho. Ho hum.

1 comment:

A said...

You didn't want chocolate after lent?! Haven't done it for a while but Easter Sunday could never come soon enough and for about a week after I'd eat nothing but! Good work, honey.
Of course, I've never heard of this Sundays off malarkey! We Catholics don't get Sundays off, we have to be extra extra pious on sundays I think! Sounds like I got lumbered with the wrong Christianity!

x