Saturday, August 11, 2007

I love conservatories

Such a long but lovely day today. I'm very happy.

This morning my church (see new website and spot me in a picture!) was having a very much needed tidy-up day. There was a lot of crap in the church that needed to be dumped (like about 40 old chairs and kneelers that were gathering dust in the cellar, and lots of bookcase stuff and an old piano etc etc). It was quite fun, I do like getting messy :) It also just needed a general good tidy up. I started often relatively cleanly by hoovering all the chairs and wiping them down, but then I got embroilled in putting up the Alpha course banner (as I am running the next one from end of Sept). Then I helped bring up v dusty things from the cellar and finally I picked up all the debris from the hedge outside that had just been cut. I was pretty grimy by the end.

Having had a bath I had a great bus journey right to the other end of the line to Patcham to Nicola's parents house who are away at the moment. A few of us had a bbq there and drank Pimms all afternoon, it was fabulous. Then Nic and I sat in the conservatory and longed for conservatories of our own :)

3 comments:

A said...

Yay, I saw you! You so pretty (in southern drawl).

Alpha people on our campus scare me. They seem a bit too sneaky n then pushy. May be time to reconsider my prejudices.

LoveYa!
LuvMe x

Ruth said...

Yay! I promise my Alpha is neither sneaky or pushy, in fact I barely say anything apart from starting off a question and they just talk! In a non-pushy mode you'd actually like the debating style, you argumentative bint.

Now, I must geeew bayk tew the peeeehhggs.

A said...

They're pushy when they're trying to get you to show up, I'm sure once you're there it's more relaxed. I don't think they'd want me there anyway, noone else would get a word in!

Inyway, bitter go put ma miiiip in ma biiiickpiiiiick wuth ma iiiiiiggs.

x