Friday, July 6, 2007

Lesson Learned, or Ode to Sleep

Today I learned what happens when you set your wake-up alarm in the logic-free pre-slumber fog that overcomes you just as you drop off at night.

Yes, this morning, I - not famed for my enjoyment of early rising - got up at 6.10am, washed and had breakfast before my brain finally clicked into place and I thought 'ummmm, that's not right, I am an hour too early'. I had an early train to catch or I would not be up at 7.10 either! (flexi-time gets it's name for a reason :)).

I did briefly think about going back to bed, by frankly that would have been a Very Bad Idea. I so did some reading and joined the ranks of those smuggards who have always got up, started work, and saved a couple of orphans all before I normally open my peepers.

I just love sleeping.

3 comments:

A said...

I've heard tell of such things. Personally I've never got up any earlier than 10 minutes late. Well I salute you. May you achieve early morning greatness. Or continue snoozing and join our happy ranks of evening mediocrity.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I once got up for an early shift at work starting at 05:50 only find out I wasn't due in until 2pm. That was a sad moment for someone like me who very much likes being under my duvet in the morning, but the smugness of being up early is a joy when it happens.