Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Not quite inconclusion, and types of clothes days

Sort of inconclusion
Today I met with Natalie my boss, and Peter her boss to discuss my career break. We talked through the things that need to be thought about, that needed to be done, and that needed to be checked (ie how the work might be covered by someone else, writing a project plan for reviewing the Community Strategy, and talking to HR and the PCT who part fund my post).

The conclusion is that the District Council are happy for me to go (and come back!) but before I can actually book a ticket I need the agreement of the PCT as well. This shouldn't be a problem, although you never know.

Presuming they say yes, if anyone has great has advice about what sort of ticket I should get for a 12 month return or where I should get it, I'd be very grateful.

Clothes
Jen and I on camp used to sense some mornings that it was a skirt day. You can just tell in the morning.... Today it would appear that it was a black t-shirt and black and white skirt day as Natalie and another colleague Jacqui were in almost identical clothes (Monsoon junkies...). Watch out for those days.

5 comments:

A said...

YAY!! Fantastico! Congratulations my love, I hope nothing comes along and puts a spanner in the works, but it sounds like that's pretty unlikely now.
Strangely, I know little of flights to NZ in terms of where to buy them (way out paid for, visit home I had to go via singapore so had only one option). I think most return tickets are pretty casual about changing return date as long as it's within 12 months. If you go via Asia, you can only take 20 kilos, if you go via the states you can take, like, a million kilos, but you risk your friendly customs officer getting a little too personal.

Well anyway darling - I'm very excited for you - even if you are coming out here just as I come home!

miss you, trut.
x

AdventuringJen said...

Woot woot!
(Our friends here are already getting prepared to welcome you whenever you should pass through our lovely city, or nearby anyway I'm sure. The rest of NZ will tell you it is a dive. In some ways they are right but the hills make up for a huge amount!) You will be out before we head home so we will cross paths right?
Anyway, our ticket (which could have been sold to us by either Austravel or Trail Finders so I imagine many other places too) was pretty good if you want to stop lots. It was called the Great Escape and as long as you stayed within a particular mileage (there were 3 bands to choose from) and kept going "forwards" (i.e. whichever way you went round the world you had to keep going that way) you could do whatever you liked really.
Sadly, we are having to ditch the last three flights of ours due to the staying over 12 months thing. We are considering a sob story to try for some refund!
Gosh, this should really have been an email! ;)
Oh, and I think you've highlighted where I've been going wrong when getting dressed recently, must remember to consider the type of day more often even when you aren't with me...love ya
xxx

Ruth said...

Thanks guys! You are great :)

Jen I had actually got in my mind that you were going to bed gone so I am now very very excited! Feb 5th is the date in mind for a ticket when I get the go-ahead, so please be around for a week or two after that!! Will you meet me at the airport?!! :)

I can't wait to see you at Christmas Annabel, and you Jen and Andy when I come over.

Lots of love,
Ruth

AdventuringJen said...

Oooh, you are a little later than I thought :s I was probably mostly wishful thinking... We don't have a date in mind yet though - Andy's contract ends in January currently...hmm! We just have to be sure to avoid missing you entirely...
xxx

AdventuringJen said...

oooh, just found out Andy's contract is til Jan 31st...so we'll def be here a few days after that...maybe you should come a week earlier just to be sure and then there can definitely be airport meetings etc!
xxx