Saturday, January 5, 2008

'Would you like some ID?'

...I enquired upon approching the bouncers outside a pub in Brighton centre last night, and seeing they were already checking someone else's ID. One of them looked at me and said 'nah, that's fine'.

Ha ha haa! Since he could barely see my face, I can only imagine that he wisely thought that even on a very wet evening only someone past the age of caring about fashion (and therefore clearly legal) would encase themselves in a big white waterproof coat and pull the hood drawstrings so tightly around my face that I looked like the Ghost of Christmas Future. Probably a wise assumption.

3 comments:

AdventuringJen said...

Teee heeee heeee heeeee! nice :)

Chris said...

It's alright for some.

I got asked for id a few (alright a fair few) years ago. I didn't have any, so wasn't let it. I was 28 at the time!

A said...

We've reached that age huh?! Shivering in a huge furry coat and thermals, looking on at the other girls in short skirts and no jacket.
I think the redbullnvodka/brightpinkalcopop coat must be a shade warmer than the beer coat.
x